Preamble and Scope
Personal Data is defined as any information relating to a natural person that can be identified, directly or indirectly, such as a natural person's surname, first name, email and postal addresses, image in a photograph, IP address, location data, etc.
Who is responsible for the treatments mentioned in this document?
The processing of the Personal Data of Users registered on the website of the association "Institut d'Études de Géopolitique Appliquée" is subject to French law, in particular Law No. 78-17 of 6 January 1978 relating to computers, files and freedoms, as amended (known as the Data Protection Act) and Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and Council of 27 April 2016 applicable from 25 May 2018 (known as the RGPD).
The data controller can be reached at the following e-mail address: email@example.com.
In this capacity, we undertake, in the course of our activities, to comply with the provisions of the said Law, and to carry out a lawful, fair and transparent processing of your Personal Data, for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes, without being further processed in a manner incompatible with these purposes, for a period not exceeding the time necessary for the purposes for which they are collected and processed.
What data do we collect about you and under what circumstances do we collect it?
Personal data that you communicate to the association "Institut d'Etudes de Géopolitique Appliquée".
We collect the Personal Data of Internet users who wish to: learn more about our activities (via the contact form), receive our newsletter, register for an event, apply for a training course or a call for contributions, establish a partnership and apply for internships or positions of responsibility posted on the site. This data includes your first and last name, e-mail address, telephone number, CV, photograph, etc.
Automatically collected data
During each of your visits to our site, we collect information about your connection and your navigation. Different technologies may be implemented to collect this data. The main one is the cookie.
A "cookie" (or "tracker") is a text file that is deposited when you visit a site, application or online advertisement and stored in a specific space on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device. Cookies are managed by your Internet browser and only the sender of a cookie can decide whether to read or modify the information contained therein. A cookie does not identify you personally. It allows its sender to recognize your device and to collect a certain amount of information relating to navigation from this device.
The cookies used by the association "Institut d'Études de Géopolitique Appliquée" are analysis and performance cookies that allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors to our site and to collect information on how our site is used (for example, which pages are most viewed by visitors, do Internet users have error messages on some of our pages, etc.). This collection of information helps us to improve the operation of our site.
The cookies deposited by the association "Institut d'Études de Géopolitique Appliquée" subject to your choices give us access to the following information in particular:
Identifiers of the equipment you use (IP address of your computer, Android identifier, Apple identifier, etc.),
Type of operating system used by your terminal (Microsoft Windows, Apple Os, Linux, Unix, BeOS, etc.),
- Type and version of browser software used by your terminal (Microsoft Internet Explorer, Apple Safari, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, etc.),
- Dates and times of connection to our services,
- Address of the Internet page of origin ("referrer"),
- Navigation data on our services, content viewed.
- You are informed of the existence of cookies and their purpose(s) as soon as you connect to the www.institut-ega.org website by the presence of an information banner placed at the bottom or top of the home page.
For what purposes do we use your data?
We use the data we collect in order to :
- Analyze the operation, optimize the services and measure the frequentation of our website;
- To send information about our services;
- To manage applications for internships and positions of responsibility;
- To send information on the evolution of our publications.
This processing is carried out on the basis of your consent.
How long do we keep your data?
- Your personal data is kept for a period of time in accordance with the legal provisions or in proportion to the purposes for which it was recorded, as well as :
- The data related to your navigation on our online services collected by the cookies you have authorized have a specific retention period as detailed above. In any event, we regularly review the information we hold. When their retention is no longer justified by legal or commercial requirements, or if you have made use of your right to modify or delete them, we will securely delete them.
- Personal data collected via the Contact form and/or concerning a candidate responding to an offer or applying spontaneously via the Contact form are kept for 3 years from the collection of the data or from the last contact from the Internet user.
- Identification and contact data are kept for a maximum of 3 years from the date of unsubscription or the last contact from the user.
Who is likely to have access to the data we collect?
We undertake not to disclose to third parties the information and Personal Data that you communicate to us. This information and Personal Data is used exclusively by our internal services and for purposes approved by you. They will not be transferred or sold to third parties under any circumstances.
We do not transfer any Personal Data of our Users outside the European Union.
How is your data protected?
We implement all necessary security measures to protect your Personal Data against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, damage or destruction of the data we hold.
To this end, the association "Institut d'Études de Géopolitique Appliquée" has implemented appropriate measures to ensure the integrity, confidentiality and security of your Personal Data and in particular :
- Awareness of the confidentiality requirements of our employees who have access to your personal data;
- Securing access to our premises and computer platforms;
- The implementation of a general computer security policy of the association;
- Securing access, sharing and transfer of data.
However, we cannot guarantee that your communications and other Personal Data will not be intercepted or disclosed by a third party.
We inform you that your Personal Data is stored on servers located in France and therefore in the European Union.
What are your rights regarding your personal data?
You have a right of information and access (e.g., to check the data we hold about you), a right of correction and deletion (to update or correct your data), a right to limit the processing of personal data, a right of portability (to receive the personal data you have provided us with in a structured, commonly used format), a right to erasure (e.g., to unsubscribe from the newsletter subscription list) of your Personal Data.
Finally, you can formulate directives concerning the storage, deletion and communication of your Personal Data after your death.
You may exercise your rights in two ways, as you choose:
- by postal mail to the following address Institut d'Études de Géopolitique Appliquée - 31 Rue de Poissy 75005 Paris
- by mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- via the contact form
Before responding to your request, we may verify your identity and/or ask you to provide us with more information to respond to your request. We will endeavor to respond to your request within a reasonable time and, in any event, within the one month time limit set by law.
In the event of an unsatisfactory response, you may lodge a complaint with the Commission Nationale de l'Informatique et des Libertés (CNIL).
What about links to other websites and social networks?
Our Site may contain links to the websites of our partners. Please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we are not responsible for the use made by these websites of the information collected when you click on these links. We invite you to read the privacy policies of these sites before submitting your Personal Data to them.